Skip to main content

The easter bunny







Ollie had his first Easter last weekend and although he didn't get any easter eggs, I think he got chocolate milk due to the amount of chocolate that I've been eating.

The long weekend was very busy - on Good Friday we went to our old apartment at Teneriffe to join Roly & Pru and Bruce & Louise for lunch. Then on Saturday, Nick got to play Mr Mom for the day while I went to a Hen's (v. civilised - a life drawing class followed by lunch). I was apart from them for about 6 hours which is the longest time I have spent away from Ollie ever. It was also the first time I had been able to drink more than two glasses of wine in almost 12 months. Nick and Ollie had a great time hanging out together and Nick did a great job of giving him a number of feeds using a bottle.

On Sunday we had a BBQ with Rachel, Christian and Cyndee and then on Monday Chris and Kaye, who had just returned from New York, came to stay with us for the night (see piccie). I think they were very impressed with how much Ollie had grown since they last saw him when he was only about 2 weeks old. He gave out lots of those million dollar smiles of his and had them both wrapped around his tiny little fingers.

I've included pics of Ollie in two of his favourite toys at the moment. The first one his neglect-a-tron (thanks to Alan for the name). It is an electronic swing that I occasionally park in front of the telly. I don't like that Ollie is such a fan of TV, but there is one really funny cartoon called Shaun the Sheep that he particularly likes. His other toy is his red bumbo seat that allows him to sit up like a big boy.

On the sleep front - he continues to only need one feed between about 6pm and 6am. It is still anywhere between 11pm and 4am so one night I thought I'd be a bit sneaky and give him a feed just before I went to bed. But despite this he still woke up for a feed around 4am as well. So I've given up trying to dictate the feeds and I'm just going with whatever he wants. Given he has had a few nights when he feeds around 11pm and goes through to 6.30am, I think that is sleeping through the night in anyone's books.

The latest development is his silent laughing. I think he is just days away from laughing properly but when he finds something amusing (like when we play the buzzy bee song) he breaks out in this MASSIVE big grin and inhales. No sound comes out yet but it totally seems like he is laughing. I'll let you know when the real deal happens.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Food, friends and footy.

This week Ollie and I had a special visitor all the way from Cloncurry - our friend Jesse. Jesse came to play at Camp Ollie for a few hours while his mum had some very well deserved shopping time. Ollie and Jesse played lots of fun games like cups and Jesse was very helpful to me during the afternoon. Another exciting event this week was Nick and my third wedding anniversary. To celebrate we went to the lovely E'cco restaurant on Saturday night, thanks to Aunty Em who stayed over at our place to look after Ollie. Thankfully Ollie was on his best behaviour, as opposed to some of the other nights recently that have seen me popping into his room a number of times in the early hours of the morning. Ollie got to see his Aunty Em again the next day when we went over to the McNaughton/Dower home to celebrate Aunty Hayley's birthday and to catch up with Uncle Luke. Hayley cooked the wonderful family birthday tradition of Flat Meat (hard to describe but kind of like a thinner sc

Movieworld!

I told you last week that we had been busy having lots of fun around here and another of our fun activities (this time while Nanna Freddy was here) was a trip to Movieworld. But as I'm currently heat pressing fifty odd t-shirts for this weekend's big market, I am only able to make it to the computer in 40 second stints.  It isn't that I'm worried about scorching the shirts, but the heat press has this dreadful tinky asian sounding song as the alarm on the timer and it really grates on my soul!  And as I'm sure you can agree that there isn't a whole lot I can write in the time it takes me to run between the computer and the press (this paragraph has taken me five t-shirts!), this blog is going to be mainly pictures. Ol loved the characters. But not as much as the rides.  He went on about 16.  Seriously. He wasn't a fan of the car driving ones as he just couldn't make them work properly.  His dodgem effort was basically just driving aro

Eve is 11: the birthday blog

  To my beautiful eleven year old daughter. Another year has flown by and you are another year older in the blink of an eye. Let me share some of the things I will always remember about you at this age. - You got a phone. Probably one of the biggest changes this year. Like all young people, you see it as an extension of your hand and you need to be reminded to get off it quite a lot. - You fronted up for another season of netball, despite your protestations. It is so lovely to see you out on the court supporting your team mates. - You are seriously addicted to Roblox. Like seriously! You could happily spend hours playing with your friends on there, or even side by side if you’re hanging out together. - You humour is wicked and sometimes savage. Your timing is ridiculously on point sometimes. - You’re not to old or too cool to play with your dolls. Sometimes they still get dusted off and dressed up. There have even been a few haircuts for some of them. - You love listening to audio stor