Skip to main content

HAIR TODAY GONE TOMORROW

The time has finally come.  Despite my desire to let Ollie grow his hair out and be a little surfy dude, it was getting to be pretty manky lately and growing into quite the mullet.  I realised that I wanted to get a trim long before I was able to convince Nick of this.  In fact I still don’t think he is on board with the idea but, anyway…

This is the before shot.  A very cute boy but look at the dodgy nutty professor hair over the ears and the long fringe.  You can’t even see the back which was totally the worst bit.

IMG_3961

I did take the camera to the hairdressers with the best intention of totally documenting the occasion of his first haircut but you know what they say about the best laid plans.  The hairdresser was a gem and pulled out every stop in her repertoire but it was all just a waste.  From the doing up of the cape and the first spritz of water, it was an absolute cry-a-thon.  In the end I was hugging him so close to me that our heads were together and I was worried that I would end up with more of a trim than him.  Luckily the hairdresser did a great job and wasn’t the slightest bit fazed by Ollie’s reaction.  He even earned himself a lollipop which was definitely his favourite part of the day.

Here is a pic of him after the cut with his lollipop as well as teary eyes and a snotty nose from all the carry on.  His hair seems shorter than I imagined it would be but he looks like such a real little boy now.  Having said that, he will have long hair again soon as I’m not planning to go through that experience again any time too soon. 

IMG_3963

See the smiling boy with his daddy?  The reason why?  After the loss of our dear friend Pandy last weekend I couldn’t handle any more lost little looks around the room while pointing to the panda in his books, so on Tuesday night after work I braved the wind and the rain and the traffic and zipped out to Ikea to get not one, but TWO replacement Pandys.  The things we do for love.  The journey was totally worth it the next morning when Ollie’s little face lit up like a Christmas tree at the sight of his friend Pandy.  It has been less than a week now but Pandy has settled in well and is almost as dirty as the original Pandy given Ollie’s latest game of sharing his food and drink with him.   Pandy #2 is safely hidden away to be used in the event of any future misfortune.

IMG_4126 

Cute thing of the week? When we go to Woolworths lately Ollie goes a bit nuts for the guide dog at the front that you can put money into and starts making his wimpy little “woof woof” noise.  The amazing thing is that now all you have to do is pull up in front of the store and he will start barking.  His ability to recall is frightening. 

P1000767

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Food, friends and footy.

This week Ollie and I had a special visitor all the way from Cloncurry - our friend Jesse. Jesse came to play at Camp Ollie for a few hours while his mum had some very well deserved shopping time. Ollie and Jesse played lots of fun games like cups and Jesse was very helpful to me during the afternoon. Another exciting event this week was Nick and my third wedding anniversary. To celebrate we went to the lovely E'cco restaurant on Saturday night, thanks to Aunty Em who stayed over at our place to look after Ollie. Thankfully Ollie was on his best behaviour, as opposed to some of the other nights recently that have seen me popping into his room a number of times in the early hours of the morning. Ollie got to see his Aunty Em again the next day when we went over to the McNaughton/Dower home to celebrate Aunty Hayley's birthday and to catch up with Uncle Luke. Hayley cooked the wonderful family birthday tradition of Flat Meat (hard to describe but kind of like a thinner sc

Movieworld!

I told you last week that we had been busy having lots of fun around here and another of our fun activities (this time while Nanna Freddy was here) was a trip to Movieworld. But as I'm currently heat pressing fifty odd t-shirts for this weekend's big market, I am only able to make it to the computer in 40 second stints.  It isn't that I'm worried about scorching the shirts, but the heat press has this dreadful tinky asian sounding song as the alarm on the timer and it really grates on my soul!  And as I'm sure you can agree that there isn't a whole lot I can write in the time it takes me to run between the computer and the press (this paragraph has taken me five t-shirts!), this blog is going to be mainly pictures. Ol loved the characters. But not as much as the rides.  He went on about 16.  Seriously. He wasn't a fan of the car driving ones as he just couldn't make them work properly.  His dodgem effort was basically just driving aro

Eve is 11: the birthday blog

  To my beautiful eleven year old daughter. Another year has flown by and you are another year older in the blink of an eye. Let me share some of the things I will always remember about you at this age. - You got a phone. Probably one of the biggest changes this year. Like all young people, you see it as an extension of your hand and you need to be reminded to get off it quite a lot. - You fronted up for another season of netball, despite your protestations. It is so lovely to see you out on the court supporting your team mates. - You are seriously addicted to Roblox. Like seriously! You could happily spend hours playing with your friends on there, or even side by side if you’re hanging out together. - You humour is wicked and sometimes savage. Your timing is ridiculously on point sometimes. - You’re not to old or too cool to play with your dolls. Sometimes they still get dusted off and dressed up. There have even been a few haircuts for some of them. - You love listening to audio stor