Skip to main content

Waiting!

I woke up yesterday morning at 7.11 am to a blissfully quiet house and knew at once that the boys must have gone to the park. It is not often that I get such a sleep in lately and I was especially thrilled. While Ollie is a pretty good sleeper, he has been waking at least once a night most nights lately and is definitely out of bed by about 5am every morning. It can be pretty draining (especially as I am always the one to hear him cry out - Nick could sleep through a hurricane) but it gave me a good laugh on Saturday morning. I had been in to him around 4am and tried to get us both to go back to sleep but he wasn't interested and trotted out one his new fave sayings "go away mummy". I'm not a big fan of this saying and given I have a much more comfortable bed of my own I decided to take the hint. I managed to get another 15 or so minutes of horizontal time in our room before he summoned me again. As it was getting close to 5am I couldn't be bothered battling anymore so I flicked on the light switch to see Ollie sitting up in bed, with three books - and then he shouted out to me "waiting!". It was too cute so we curled up and read together. I hope I'm not setting a dangerous precedent here.

In keeping with Ollie's obsession with being like Nick he thought it was a great idea to try and walk around in Nick's shoes. Probably not the brightest idea as Nick has giant shoes but it certainly got some laughs out of Ollie. The pic at the top shoes just how pleased he was with himself.
On one of our lovely days at home together Ollie and I went to the library with our friend Ruby and her mum. Luckily they were there as Ollie started calling out "Rubeeeeeeee" as we made our way through the otherwise peaceful library to the rowdy kids area. They had a great time singing and dancing along, climbing over anything even remotely in their way and very gently patting all the little babies that were there. But the absolute highlight for them was when they worked out that they could hold each other's hands. They took great delight in this and spent a good 15 minutes just walking around. It was the cutest thing ever and lots of other people commented on how gorgeous they looked. Such a sweet little couple.

Another activity on our days at home was a trip to Bunnings to get some sand to fill Ollie's shell. He thinks Bunnings is pretty cool because there is a big kids playground there and I think it is pretty cool because they sell everything you could possibly ever need. Seriously. Everything. It is probably sad to admit that when Ollie sees the big green warehouse he calls out "Bunnings". Mind you it is no less tragic than him saying "Ikea". Hmm.

But as you can see the trip was a success and I managed to lug 60kg of sand home, along with a 15kg child. We only needed two of the three bags but after seeing the way Ollie is spreading the sand around it is only a matter of time before we need a refill.

The pic below is in the playground at Bunnings. Luckily Ollie has a great time there though as the very next day, being the weekend, Nick realised he needed to get something from there too. So, up we all went and of course Ollie declared "Bunnings". Yesterday he and I popped out in the car to get something from the shops. As we reversing out the driveway Ollie said in a querying tone "Bunnings?".


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Food, friends and footy.

This week Ollie and I had a special visitor all the way from Cloncurry - our friend Jesse. Jesse came to play at Camp Ollie for a few hours while his mum had some very well deserved shopping time. Ollie and Jesse played lots of fun games like cups and Jesse was very helpful to me during the afternoon. Another exciting event this week was Nick and my third wedding anniversary. To celebrate we went to the lovely E'cco restaurant on Saturday night, thanks to Aunty Em who stayed over at our place to look after Ollie. Thankfully Ollie was on his best behaviour, as opposed to some of the other nights recently that have seen me popping into his room a number of times in the early hours of the morning. Ollie got to see his Aunty Em again the next day when we went over to the McNaughton/Dower home to celebrate Aunty Hayley's birthday and to catch up with Uncle Luke. Hayley cooked the wonderful family birthday tradition of Flat Meat (hard to describe but kind of like a thinner sc

Movieworld!

I told you last week that we had been busy having lots of fun around here and another of our fun activities (this time while Nanna Freddy was here) was a trip to Movieworld. But as I'm currently heat pressing fifty odd t-shirts for this weekend's big market, I am only able to make it to the computer in 40 second stints.  It isn't that I'm worried about scorching the shirts, but the heat press has this dreadful tinky asian sounding song as the alarm on the timer and it really grates on my soul!  And as I'm sure you can agree that there isn't a whole lot I can write in the time it takes me to run between the computer and the press (this paragraph has taken me five t-shirts!), this blog is going to be mainly pictures. Ol loved the characters. But not as much as the rides.  He went on about 16.  Seriously. He wasn't a fan of the car driving ones as he just couldn't make them work properly.  His dodgem effort was basically just driving aro

Eve is 11: the birthday blog

  To my beautiful eleven year old daughter. Another year has flown by and you are another year older in the blink of an eye. Let me share some of the things I will always remember about you at this age. - You got a phone. Probably one of the biggest changes this year. Like all young people, you see it as an extension of your hand and you need to be reminded to get off it quite a lot. - You fronted up for another season of netball, despite your protestations. It is so lovely to see you out on the court supporting your team mates. - You are seriously addicted to Roblox. Like seriously! You could happily spend hours playing with your friends on there, or even side by side if you’re hanging out together. - You humour is wicked and sometimes savage. Your timing is ridiculously on point sometimes. - You’re not to old or too cool to play with your dolls. Sometimes they still get dusted off and dressed up. There have even been a few haircuts for some of them. - You love listening to audio stor