Skip to main content

Love is everywhere

Love seems to be Ollie's word of the week. It has been in his vocabulary for quite sometime but this week it seems to be used for everything. Examples of things Ollie loves:
- suncream (as in "I LOVE suncream")
- Aunty Emma
- Trees
- the cooler (meaning the air-conditioner in the car)
- Groceries
- Ice cream
- Dora (no surprise there)
- Balloons
- And of course mummy and daddy


We made a return visit to Seaworld this week (our tickets get us in now until the end of financial year) along with Nanna Freddy. This gave us a chance to check out a few things we missed out on the trip before like the dolphin show which was just amazing. Obear kept saying "more more" throughout the show so he definitely got a kick out of it. He also enjoyed another visit to the penguin house where they were swimming in the underwater bit catching fish and doing the most unbelievable propulsions out of the water. He also sat still for 15 minutes watching a 3D version of Happy Feet which was quite surprising, also surprising was that he managed to leave the 3D glasses on the whole time.

We also hit the kiddy rides which we ignored last time. I wasn't sure whether B would be thrilled or terrified of them but turns out that he is quite the little thrillseeker. We had about four or five turns on this little truck, and on the last turn he got to sit in the front cabin all by himself which was pretty fun for him and a bit unnerving for me. He also totally loved the airplanes which went pretty high up in the air. Ollie was in control of whether they went up or down and he figured it out pretty quickly, choosing to fly the plane at its highest as much as possible. The only downside to all this fun was the turns that he stacked on at the end of each ride when he realised it was over. Sometimes you just can't have enough fun.

Speaking of fun, I decided (after some prompting from Nick and Ollie) to make cupcakes on the weekend. I thought it would be good to include Ollie in the process so dragged a dining chair in and got him to help me line the patty cases. No dramas there. Then I thought we'd get really tricky and crack some eggs. Not surprisingly he thought this was the best thing ever. His cracking style was really more of a pulverising style and saw me picking a lot of teeny bits of eggshell out of the bowl. Nick thought it would be good to document the occasion so he manned the video camera while I moved the bowl of eggs out of the way and turned my back to wash eggy gunk off. Cue Ollie to use his extraordinarily long arms to reach the bowl and manage to knock it over, causing cracked eggs to go everywhere. I'm pretty sure that this was inevitable in our first joint baking experience. I'm just disappointed that Nick stopped filming to try to stop the eggs going everywhere. Looks like we will need to find another entry for Australia's Funniest Home Videos.


After we recovered from the egg incident we took a visit to some local markets where the guy who sings at the library was performing. I think Ollie was a bit confused as to why he wasn't at the library but nonetheless seemed to have a reasonable time. He certainly wasn't up to his usual dancing madness (latest dance move this week is "wiggly hands" - kind of like junior spirit fingers. Cute). But he still had a good time listening to the nursery rhymes. And when each song started he would turn to me and declare "mummy, we LOVE this song". Love. Love. Love.


And finally, Obear had his two year check up this week. I wasn't particularly concerned about anything going into it but I found myself feeling pretty smug (but in a modest kind of way) responding to all of the developmental questions. Things like whether he can use two words in a sentence, showing any interest in toilet training, identifying objects in books. I did manage to bite my tongue and not point out that he is now able to count to five in Spanish!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Food, friends and footy.

This week Ollie and I had a special visitor all the way from Cloncurry - our friend Jesse. Jesse came to play at Camp Ollie for a few hours while his mum had some very well deserved shopping time. Ollie and Jesse played lots of fun games like cups and Jesse was very helpful to me during the afternoon. Another exciting event this week was Nick and my third wedding anniversary. To celebrate we went to the lovely E'cco restaurant on Saturday night, thanks to Aunty Em who stayed over at our place to look after Ollie. Thankfully Ollie was on his best behaviour, as opposed to some of the other nights recently that have seen me popping into his room a number of times in the early hours of the morning. Ollie got to see his Aunty Em again the next day when we went over to the McNaughton/Dower home to celebrate Aunty Hayley's birthday and to catch up with Uncle Luke. Hayley cooked the wonderful family birthday tradition of Flat Meat (hard to describe but kind of like a thinner sc

Movieworld!

I told you last week that we had been busy having lots of fun around here and another of our fun activities (this time while Nanna Freddy was here) was a trip to Movieworld. But as I'm currently heat pressing fifty odd t-shirts for this weekend's big market, I am only able to make it to the computer in 40 second stints.  It isn't that I'm worried about scorching the shirts, but the heat press has this dreadful tinky asian sounding song as the alarm on the timer and it really grates on my soul!  And as I'm sure you can agree that there isn't a whole lot I can write in the time it takes me to run between the computer and the press (this paragraph has taken me five t-shirts!), this blog is going to be mainly pictures. Ol loved the characters. But not as much as the rides.  He went on about 16.  Seriously. He wasn't a fan of the car driving ones as he just couldn't make them work properly.  His dodgem effort was basically just driving aro

Eve is 11: the birthday blog

  To my beautiful eleven year old daughter. Another year has flown by and you are another year older in the blink of an eye. Let me share some of the things I will always remember about you at this age. - You got a phone. Probably one of the biggest changes this year. Like all young people, you see it as an extension of your hand and you need to be reminded to get off it quite a lot. - You fronted up for another season of netball, despite your protestations. It is so lovely to see you out on the court supporting your team mates. - You are seriously addicted to Roblox. Like seriously! You could happily spend hours playing with your friends on there, or even side by side if you’re hanging out together. - You humour is wicked and sometimes savage. Your timing is ridiculously on point sometimes. - You’re not to old or too cool to play with your dolls. Sometimes they still get dusted off and dressed up. There have even been a few haircuts for some of them. - You love listening to audio stor