Skip to main content

Sorry again

I seem to be starting this blog a lot lately with apologies. This week it was illness that has delayed publication. One of the real joys of daycare is that kids seem to pick up every single germ that is going around, and unlike most things, are more than willing to share them. So it came to be that all members of this family found themselves off work/daycare early this week wallowing around the house in our tummy bug related misery. But all is well again and I appear to have made it to my Friday in record time this week!

Perhaps our illness was related to a busy weekend? Friday night saw Nick going to the Chemical Brothers along with Aunties Hayley, Emma and Uncle Simon as well as pretty much everyone else in the entire town. I felt completely left out but no one really wants a pregnant chick hanging out at these types of affairs. Plus the weather was pretty awful so I was probably better off sitting on the couch watching trashy wedding shows on TV and eating ice cream. Saturday night saw a role reversal with me heading off to a night photography course (thank you Nick & Ollie) while the boys stayed home. It was a lot of fun and gave me lots of inspiration catching trailing lights of buses and cars.


In true Ollie fashion he has been totally adorable this week. My favourite line of the week came when we were driving and I sneezed. Obear chimed in with "mummy, don't sneeze the baby out". seriously. I don't make this stuff up.

Ollie's fave activity this week? A playdate with our friend Percy to another indoor play centre. The two ran around like little possessed people, showing absolutely no fear of heights, ball pits or slightly older and rougher kids (well maybe one kid who was probably too big to be there and may have scared Ollie a bit. "Mummy I don't like that boy"). The end of the playdate saw Ollie walking around like he was totally asleep on his feet. A very good nap was had by all upon our return home and I have fielded questions each day since about when we can go back.

O has been working on his range of facial emotions lately. He has a few firm favourites. This is his sad face. I love it because he sticks his bottom lip out so far and makes a real baby sooking sound. But he only makes it as a joke face. His real sad face is definitely not this cute.
This one is his cranky face. It is usually accompanied by a Marge Simpson type "hmmmmm" sound. It may possibly have been inspired by my somewhat similar cranky face. Possibly.


And this one is his happy face. Definitely the best of all three. And thankfully the one we get to see most of all.


It turns out that today was crazy hair day at daycare, in honour of one of the teachers who shaved all his hair off for the shave for a cure fundraiser. I figured this out when I found an orange and blue haired Ollie in place of the regular looking one we dropped off this morning. This pic probably doesn't show the hair in its true glory but it was the cutest one I took so it was the winner. It also shows the exact moment that the coloured hairspray appears to have made its way onto our ridiculously expensive silvery bedspread. Oh well. Nick loves doing the laundry.


And in addition to a multi-coloured haired boy at daycare this afternoon I also witnessed afternoon tea being consumed when I arrived. It was one of the first times that Ollie hasn't raced across the yard to greet me. Instead he declared through a mouthful of apple that "I want cake first" instead of going home. Who can argue with cake? Didn't stop him from hoovering his entire dinner less than an hour later though. What a little trooper.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Food, friends and footy.

This week Ollie and I had a special visitor all the way from Cloncurry - our friend Jesse. Jesse came to play at Camp Ollie for a few hours while his mum had some very well deserved shopping time. Ollie and Jesse played lots of fun games like cups and Jesse was very helpful to me during the afternoon. Another exciting event this week was Nick and my third wedding anniversary. To celebrate we went to the lovely E'cco restaurant on Saturday night, thanks to Aunty Em who stayed over at our place to look after Ollie. Thankfully Ollie was on his best behaviour, as opposed to some of the other nights recently that have seen me popping into his room a number of times in the early hours of the morning. Ollie got to see his Aunty Em again the next day when we went over to the McNaughton/Dower home to celebrate Aunty Hayley's birthday and to catch up with Uncle Luke. Hayley cooked the wonderful family birthday tradition of Flat Meat (hard to describe but kind of like a thinner sc

Movieworld!

I told you last week that we had been busy having lots of fun around here and another of our fun activities (this time while Nanna Freddy was here) was a trip to Movieworld. But as I'm currently heat pressing fifty odd t-shirts for this weekend's big market, I am only able to make it to the computer in 40 second stints.  It isn't that I'm worried about scorching the shirts, but the heat press has this dreadful tinky asian sounding song as the alarm on the timer and it really grates on my soul!  And as I'm sure you can agree that there isn't a whole lot I can write in the time it takes me to run between the computer and the press (this paragraph has taken me five t-shirts!), this blog is going to be mainly pictures. Ol loved the characters. But not as much as the rides.  He went on about 16.  Seriously. He wasn't a fan of the car driving ones as he just couldn't make them work properly.  His dodgem effort was basically just driving aro

Eve is 11: the birthday blog

  To my beautiful eleven year old daughter. Another year has flown by and you are another year older in the blink of an eye. Let me share some of the things I will always remember about you at this age. - You got a phone. Probably one of the biggest changes this year. Like all young people, you see it as an extension of your hand and you need to be reminded to get off it quite a lot. - You fronted up for another season of netball, despite your protestations. It is so lovely to see you out on the court supporting your team mates. - You are seriously addicted to Roblox. Like seriously! You could happily spend hours playing with your friends on there, or even side by side if you’re hanging out together. - You humour is wicked and sometimes savage. Your timing is ridiculously on point sometimes. - You’re not to old or too cool to play with your dolls. Sometimes they still get dusted off and dressed up. There have even been a few haircuts for some of them. - You love listening to audio stor