Skip to main content

Hot hot hot

"We live in Australia. Pa and Nanna Kaye live in America. Nanna Freddy and Poppy and the cows live in Cloncurry. Bananas and apples grow on trees. Potatoes and carrots grow in the ground. They have dirt on them. Bunnies like carrots. I like carrots. They help me to grow up big and strong like daddy. And bunnies".

Such is the gorgeousness that streams out of Obears mouth these days. It keeps me very entertained.

Another moment of loveliness? This afternoon when Evie and I went to pick him up he ran to the front gate and called out "gorgeous pantses" - I often call him "gorgeous pants". Too cute.


We had a rainy day last week with no playdates booked in. I was determined that it not be a day of television so I pulled out all the stops, making lots of different games for us to play (I even spent Ollie & Evie's nap time cutting, sticking and drawing to make a set of dominoes). But the best activity of all was when we put all the couch cushions together and played boats. I made us both sailor hats and drew a treasure map and we sailed between storms, mermaids, sharks and pirates with a healthy dose of "row row row your boat" between each destination. We all had a great time, even Evie who was in the dinghy (beanbag) next to our boat.


Once the rainy day cleared we have found ourselves in the middle of a mini heatwave with oppressive heat for days now. A trip to the park with friends on the weekend was almost too much for poor O but another park trip on Monday with our friends Jen & Lucy from Cloncurry saw O thwart the heat by drenching himself in the drinking fountain. Smart. But messy.

We've also kept the heat at bay with lots of swims in the pool and Ollie has even been lucky enough to have swims a few nights after Nick gets home from work. Perhaps all this swimming explains why we caught him kicking like he was in the pool during his nap the other day!


Poor Evie has had a bit of a bad run this week with two little teeth starting to cut through on the bottom and giving her a bit of grief. In addition to this she also had to have her needles. Poor little thing. I try to explain to her that it is the nurse who causes her the pain, not me, but when she looks at you crying it is just heartbreaking.

But it hasn't stopped her beautiful laughter. She is quite the little giggler these days and this morning Nick and I lay in bed listening to her giggle and gaggle away to herself. Ideally I would like to be sleeping at 5am but if I have to be woken from my slumber then this is a pretty wonderful sound.

Business wise things are going great guns. I've had heaps of orders for shirts this week as well as dropping off stock to two stores and getting a request for a wholesale order. It is all going swimmingly. We also hit 100 fans on Facebook which I think is awesome. Nick is dreaming of retiring to Bali and sending shirts from there!! Perhaps not likely but it is great to see it starting to grow and wonderful that other people are loving it too.

Now I have to scooch. We have finally cut our ties to Foxtel today but consoled ourselves with the purchase of Apple TV (the outlay of which is about what we normally pay for foxtel in a month!). I didn't appreciate how super cool it was and I want to go and check it out some more!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Food, friends and footy.

This week Ollie and I had a special visitor all the way from Cloncurry - our friend Jesse. Jesse came to play at Camp Ollie for a few hours while his mum had some very well deserved shopping time. Ollie and Jesse played lots of fun games like cups and Jesse was very helpful to me during the afternoon. Another exciting event this week was Nick and my third wedding anniversary. To celebrate we went to the lovely E'cco restaurant on Saturday night, thanks to Aunty Em who stayed over at our place to look after Ollie. Thankfully Ollie was on his best behaviour, as opposed to some of the other nights recently that have seen me popping into his room a number of times in the early hours of the morning. Ollie got to see his Aunty Em again the next day when we went over to the McNaughton/Dower home to celebrate Aunty Hayley's birthday and to catch up with Uncle Luke. Hayley cooked the wonderful family birthday tradition of Flat Meat (hard to describe but kind of like a thinner sc

Movieworld!

I told you last week that we had been busy having lots of fun around here and another of our fun activities (this time while Nanna Freddy was here) was a trip to Movieworld. But as I'm currently heat pressing fifty odd t-shirts for this weekend's big market, I am only able to make it to the computer in 40 second stints.  It isn't that I'm worried about scorching the shirts, but the heat press has this dreadful tinky asian sounding song as the alarm on the timer and it really grates on my soul!  And as I'm sure you can agree that there isn't a whole lot I can write in the time it takes me to run between the computer and the press (this paragraph has taken me five t-shirts!), this blog is going to be mainly pictures. Ol loved the characters. But not as much as the rides.  He went on about 16.  Seriously. He wasn't a fan of the car driving ones as he just couldn't make them work properly.  His dodgem effort was basically just driving aro

Eve is 11: the birthday blog

  To my beautiful eleven year old daughter. Another year has flown by and you are another year older in the blink of an eye. Let me share some of the things I will always remember about you at this age. - You got a phone. Probably one of the biggest changes this year. Like all young people, you see it as an extension of your hand and you need to be reminded to get off it quite a lot. - You fronted up for another season of netball, despite your protestations. It is so lovely to see you out on the court supporting your team mates. - You are seriously addicted to Roblox. Like seriously! You could happily spend hours playing with your friends on there, or even side by side if you’re hanging out together. - You humour is wicked and sometimes savage. Your timing is ridiculously on point sometimes. - You’re not to old or too cool to play with your dolls. Sometimes they still get dusted off and dressed up. There have even been a few haircuts for some of them. - You love listening to audio stor