Skip to main content

Happy Mother's day


My fourth Mother's day has rolled around and it is definitely my best one yet as I now have two fabulous little people to share it with.  Nick totally smashed it out of the ballpark this year after incurring the teary wrath of a pregnant lady last year when he took my "oh I don't need anything" comment seriously!!  So to avoid any further meltdowns he and the kiddos made a huge fuss of me, kicking off the day before with a great new cookbook I'd be lusting after.  Then on the day itself I had to stay in bed until a VERY excited Ollie came down with the most super awesome handmade card I have ever seen.  Cue cups of tea and lots more little presents (dressing gown, baking stuff and some yummy things), a trip down to the markets to watch Ollie on the jumping castle and hanging out with Nick's family in the afternoon.  All up a very lovely day.  I'm very lucky.


We've actually all been a bit under the weather here of late.  We can't seem to kick a yucko cold that we have all had and Ollie, Evie and I have actually not left the house since Sunday in an effort to rid ourselves of it.  Cabin fever is definitely starting to creep in and we are all going a little loopy at each other.  Ol seems to be much improved but a poor tired Evie has spent most of today sucking her thumb, something she normally only does when she is super tired.  She has also lay down on the rug a couple of times to have a nap.  Very cute but not really how we do things around here.  Poor little thing.  I'm hoping she is able to get a better sleep tonight, and in turn so will I!


We had a visit from Grandpa Peter last week and he just happened to bring Ollie the most impressive bubble blower I have ever seen.  Ol was totally taken with it and the two of them had a great time blanketing our neighbourhood with millions of tiny little bubbles.  The novelty hasn't worn off the bubble blower either, with Ol asking me every day a number of times if he can use it.


Miss Evie's independence continues to grow as her speed increases.  Her crawling style is still a little unorthodox but it serves its purpose as she pulls herself around the floors getting into all kinds of mischief.  Her favourite trick is to head straight for the power points or power cords although this afternoon she did discover how to open the bottom kitchen drawer open - right onto her little head.  I am often calling out "Evie, Evie" to which she stops, looks at me over her little shoulder and busts out the cutest, cheekiest grin - before continuing on her path of naughtiness.




And finally, a HUGE congratulations to Aunty Alicia and Uncle Guy who got engaged last week.  We are thrilled to pieces and can't wait for their wedding - especially Ollie who is a bit wedding obsessed and even sat through our wedding video the other day (at his request).


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Food, friends and footy.

This week Ollie and I had a special visitor all the way from Cloncurry - our friend Jesse. Jesse came to play at Camp Ollie for a few hours while his mum had some very well deserved shopping time. Ollie and Jesse played lots of fun games like cups and Jesse was very helpful to me during the afternoon. Another exciting event this week was Nick and my third wedding anniversary. To celebrate we went to the lovely E'cco restaurant on Saturday night, thanks to Aunty Em who stayed over at our place to look after Ollie. Thankfully Ollie was on his best behaviour, as opposed to some of the other nights recently that have seen me popping into his room a number of times in the early hours of the morning. Ollie got to see his Aunty Em again the next day when we went over to the McNaughton/Dower home to celebrate Aunty Hayley's birthday and to catch up with Uncle Luke. Hayley cooked the wonderful family birthday tradition of Flat Meat (hard to describe but kind of like a thinner sc

Movieworld!

I told you last week that we had been busy having lots of fun around here and another of our fun activities (this time while Nanna Freddy was here) was a trip to Movieworld. But as I'm currently heat pressing fifty odd t-shirts for this weekend's big market, I am only able to make it to the computer in 40 second stints.  It isn't that I'm worried about scorching the shirts, but the heat press has this dreadful tinky asian sounding song as the alarm on the timer and it really grates on my soul!  And as I'm sure you can agree that there isn't a whole lot I can write in the time it takes me to run between the computer and the press (this paragraph has taken me five t-shirts!), this blog is going to be mainly pictures. Ol loved the characters. But not as much as the rides.  He went on about 16.  Seriously. He wasn't a fan of the car driving ones as he just couldn't make them work properly.  His dodgem effort was basically just driving aro

Eve is 11: the birthday blog

  To my beautiful eleven year old daughter. Another year has flown by and you are another year older in the blink of an eye. Let me share some of the things I will always remember about you at this age. - You got a phone. Probably one of the biggest changes this year. Like all young people, you see it as an extension of your hand and you need to be reminded to get off it quite a lot. - You fronted up for another season of netball, despite your protestations. It is so lovely to see you out on the court supporting your team mates. - You are seriously addicted to Roblox. Like seriously! You could happily spend hours playing with your friends on there, or even side by side if you’re hanging out together. - You humour is wicked and sometimes savage. Your timing is ridiculously on point sometimes. - You’re not to old or too cool to play with your dolls. Sometimes they still get dusted off and dressed up. There have even been a few haircuts for some of them. - You love listening to audio stor