Skip to main content

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz


Sleep.  It's one of those things that you don't really give much thought to until you're not getting enough of it.

I've always been a pretty big fan of sleep.  Often coupled with a doozy of a hangover I could easily sleep away the first half of the day.  When pregnant with Ollie (& definitely not nursing any hangovers!) I would think nothing of going to bed at 6pm and sleeping all the way through.  But those days are definitely just a distant memory now.

Now I'm not going to tell you that my little sweet peas aren't good sleepers.  Because in general they are.  But sometimes the wheels just fall off.  And that my dear readers is what is happening at the moment.

But in the spirit of sharing, it is pretty unusual for them both to put me through my paces in the same night.  No, they must have some unspoken roster for which night they want to give me grief.  Or Evie will take the daytime naps and Ol will wake up five times in the night.

And they are quite simply wearing me down.  I'm dreaming (when I actually get to sleep!!!) of a nice clean hotel room with super soft cloud-like linen and a blissful night of completely uninterrupted sleep.  No crazy ninja like reflexes keeping me on edge waiting for one of the little dictators to summons me from my slumber.  

I can't see this happening any time soon.  So until the night when I can sleep in a total state of relaxation finally comes along I will simply keep searching for the perfect under eye concealer.


Things have been pretty hectic around here of late, in a lovely way.  Lots of visitors. The first round was a quick visit from Aunty Alicia and Uncle Guy who came to show off Alicia's new engagement bling and to fill us all in on the wedding plans.  And with all of my babies (including Nick!) featuring in the festivities I just can't wait for it to roll around.


We have also had Pa & Nanna Kaye here from NY/Victoria which is always fabulous.  Especially for Ol who gets to go to the park every morning when they go on their walk.  But it has also been a very busy visit for them as, inspired by the new paint job, they are making lots of other little improvements to the house which is terribly exciting for all of us.


In more family excitement, we had the return of Aunty Emma from her big trip to South America as well as Nanna Carmel's birthday.  This saw all of the Brisbane based Aunties and Uncles catching up along with baby cousin Alexander.  Alex and Evie are so close in age that it is quite lovely to see them playing together.  Although Eve is clearly the bossy boots and thinks nothing of taking a toy off him or clambering over him.  Obviously she has taken in her brother's style.  Poor Alex looks suitably horrified at her but with a new sibling for him in the new year it won't be long until he starts wearing the bossy pants too.


Favourite activity this week?  Playing on the kitchen floor with the plastic and metal plates which make brilliant noisy drums.  But I really shouldn't be encouraging Evie into the kitchen at the moment as she is just pulling herself up on everything she can and I can't help but think the hardest floor surface in the house probably isn't the smartest choice.




And here you can see more of her standing action.  Each nap/sleep requires at least a lap around the cot standing up.  She tires herself out quite a bit and I've even caught her fast asleep sitting up with her little face against the bars.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Food, friends and footy.

This week Ollie and I had a special visitor all the way from Cloncurry - our friend Jesse. Jesse came to play at Camp Ollie for a few hours while his mum had some very well deserved shopping time. Ollie and Jesse played lots of fun games like cups and Jesse was very helpful to me during the afternoon. Another exciting event this week was Nick and my third wedding anniversary. To celebrate we went to the lovely E'cco restaurant on Saturday night, thanks to Aunty Em who stayed over at our place to look after Ollie. Thankfully Ollie was on his best behaviour, as opposed to some of the other nights recently that have seen me popping into his room a number of times in the early hours of the morning. Ollie got to see his Aunty Em again the next day when we went over to the McNaughton/Dower home to celebrate Aunty Hayley's birthday and to catch up with Uncle Luke. Hayley cooked the wonderful family birthday tradition of Flat Meat (hard to describe but kind of like a thinner sc

Movieworld!

I told you last week that we had been busy having lots of fun around here and another of our fun activities (this time while Nanna Freddy was here) was a trip to Movieworld. But as I'm currently heat pressing fifty odd t-shirts for this weekend's big market, I am only able to make it to the computer in 40 second stints.  It isn't that I'm worried about scorching the shirts, but the heat press has this dreadful tinky asian sounding song as the alarm on the timer and it really grates on my soul!  And as I'm sure you can agree that there isn't a whole lot I can write in the time it takes me to run between the computer and the press (this paragraph has taken me five t-shirts!), this blog is going to be mainly pictures. Ol loved the characters. But not as much as the rides.  He went on about 16.  Seriously. He wasn't a fan of the car driving ones as he just couldn't make them work properly.  His dodgem effort was basically just driving aro

Eve is 11: the birthday blog

  To my beautiful eleven year old daughter. Another year has flown by and you are another year older in the blink of an eye. Let me share some of the things I will always remember about you at this age. - You got a phone. Probably one of the biggest changes this year. Like all young people, you see it as an extension of your hand and you need to be reminded to get off it quite a lot. - You fronted up for another season of netball, despite your protestations. It is so lovely to see you out on the court supporting your team mates. - You are seriously addicted to Roblox. Like seriously! You could happily spend hours playing with your friends on there, or even side by side if you’re hanging out together. - You humour is wicked and sometimes savage. Your timing is ridiculously on point sometimes. - You’re not to old or too cool to play with your dolls. Sometimes they still get dusted off and dressed up. There have even been a few haircuts for some of them. - You love listening to audio stor