Skip to main content

Happy second birthday Eve


Two years.  Where did that go?  Only milliseconds ago I was coming to grips with you turning one and now you are two.  You are so officially not a little baby anymore.  But as you turn into a little girl before my very eyes, here are some of the things I love about you right now.

- you still love your Wooby.  So much so that we had to pick up a spare.  Nooby.  I'm a bit concerned by your Wooby devotion.  I'm pretty sure that there is a Wooby intervention in our future at some point.

- I love it when you say "mummy, mummy, mummy, mummy" and I reply "EB EB EB EB".

- you have only just turned two but you know the important words like 'lego' and 'ipad'.

- you have the best 'sad face' I have ever seen.

- I just melt when you put your little head on my shoulder when you cuddle me.

- you are so cheeky, you stand at the door to the pantry and point to the top shelf where we keep the good things like lollies, bikkies and vitamin C tablets.

- you pat your daddy's shoulders when you want him to give you a shoulder ride.

- you LOVE to dance.  It doesn't matter where you are or what you are doing, if music comes on you must dance.  We often have mid meal dance breaks.

- the only thing better than dancing is dancing in a ruffly or puffy skirt.  As soon as you put one on you twirl around, non stop.  At Ollie's disco you spun around for the entire night.

- you wear the two sweetest little piggy tails every day.  It is the only style I know.  I really need to mix it up a bit but it is so hard to get you to sit still to brush your hair that I might stick with them for a while.

- your favourite word at the moment is "miiiiiiiiiiiiine".  You like to say it about the toys Ollie is playing with, food and the swings at the park.

- you love to rub sunscreen on Ollie's bottom.  Freaky little weirdo.

- you are obsessed with cleaning your teeth.  If I want to get you to do something I will lure you there with the promise of being allowed to brush your teeth. You also like to sneak into our bathroom to steal the toothpaste which you walk around sucking, usually clutching a toothbrush at the same time.

- you have fallen hard for those Disney princesses.  You can sniff them out at 20 paces.  You call Cinderella "Rella" and Snow White "White".  You would wear them everyday if I let you have them on anything more than pyjamas.

- you can not get enough bacon.  You think it is so good that you simply call it "UMS".

- you also have a bit of a thing for eating playdough.  Ewwww.

- shoes.  Do I really need to say more?

I know this year will have its challenges.  You've made it quite clear that we have some battles ahead.  But in between the tantrums about what shoes to wear or whether you will allow me to brush your hair that day, I will cherish those sweet moments when you place your gorgeous chubby little hands on my neck and say "nose mummy" while you rub your sweet little nose on mine.  I love you sweet pea.  You are sweetness dipped in chocolate and rolled in sugar.  xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Food, friends and footy.

This week Ollie and I had a special visitor all the way from Cloncurry - our friend Jesse. Jesse came to play at Camp Ollie for a few hours while his mum had some very well deserved shopping time. Ollie and Jesse played lots of fun games like cups and Jesse was very helpful to me during the afternoon. Another exciting event this week was Nick and my third wedding anniversary. To celebrate we went to the lovely E'cco restaurant on Saturday night, thanks to Aunty Em who stayed over at our place to look after Ollie. Thankfully Ollie was on his best behaviour, as opposed to some of the other nights recently that have seen me popping into his room a number of times in the early hours of the morning. Ollie got to see his Aunty Em again the next day when we went over to the McNaughton/Dower home to celebrate Aunty Hayley's birthday and to catch up with Uncle Luke. Hayley cooked the wonderful family birthday tradition of Flat Meat (hard to describe but kind of like a thinner sc

Movieworld!

I told you last week that we had been busy having lots of fun around here and another of our fun activities (this time while Nanna Freddy was here) was a trip to Movieworld. But as I'm currently heat pressing fifty odd t-shirts for this weekend's big market, I am only able to make it to the computer in 40 second stints.  It isn't that I'm worried about scorching the shirts, but the heat press has this dreadful tinky asian sounding song as the alarm on the timer and it really grates on my soul!  And as I'm sure you can agree that there isn't a whole lot I can write in the time it takes me to run between the computer and the press (this paragraph has taken me five t-shirts!), this blog is going to be mainly pictures. Ol loved the characters. But not as much as the rides.  He went on about 16.  Seriously. He wasn't a fan of the car driving ones as he just couldn't make them work properly.  His dodgem effort was basically just driving aro

Eve is 11: the birthday blog

  To my beautiful eleven year old daughter. Another year has flown by and you are another year older in the blink of an eye. Let me share some of the things I will always remember about you at this age. - You got a phone. Probably one of the biggest changes this year. Like all young people, you see it as an extension of your hand and you need to be reminded to get off it quite a lot. - You fronted up for another season of netball, despite your protestations. It is so lovely to see you out on the court supporting your team mates. - You are seriously addicted to Roblox. Like seriously! You could happily spend hours playing with your friends on there, or even side by side if you’re hanging out together. - You humour is wicked and sometimes savage. Your timing is ridiculously on point sometimes. - You’re not to old or too cool to play with your dolls. Sometimes they still get dusted off and dressed up. There have even been a few haircuts for some of them. - You love listening to audio stor