Skip to main content

So, a little bit of catching up.

I started this blog when Ollie was a mere six weeks old.  Since that time I have endeavoured to update it regularly, usually once a week.  But this year it has been a real challenge to maintain that pace.  The thought of not pushing on with it saddens me greatly and isn't something I could possibly do.  But I do have a lot more on my plate these days.  An extra child and a growing business have definitely taken up what little spare time I already had.

This has been even more of a problem lately as we have prepared for Supanova.  For those of you not in the world of geek, Supanova is the equivalent of Comicon, where all of the nerdiest of nerds converge upon a conference to worship their favourite actors and writers.  We were lucky enough to take Mini Mayhem along for the three day event at the RNA showgrounds.  We have been working like crazy people for weeks now to get all of our stock ready and ourselves organised for me being away from the family effectively for the whole time.  Needless to say, Nick has been an absolute trooper.

Speaking of troopers, I got to spend lots of time with Storm Troopers over the course of the event.  They especially loved our Vader's Day Off t-shirt and most of them purchased one which apparently they all wore out drinking on Saturday night.  Talk about a great endorsement.


Just before we went into Supanova prep hibernation we had a lovely week at the Gold Coast to take part in the wedding festivities of my lovely sister and her now husband Guy.  It was such a great destination event with us having the chance to catch up with lots of family and friends and spend some lazy days by the pool.  Unfortunately I don't have any gorgeous photos to show you right now.  I tried unsuccessfully to steal some from their photographer's website.  But I promise to show you some soon.


In the meantime, here is the beautiful bride Alicia and her sweet little mini me, Eve.


And here is my style of Pina Colada parenting.  Thankfully Eve is that kind of girl that she will just sit happily around.  Meanwhile Ollie was jumping around in the pool being the silly goose that we all know he is.


Once the wedding festivities wound down, we had the chance to spend a few nights further up the coast to recover from all the fun and games.  The kids had an absolute ball spending the days in the pool.  Ollie is a total fish these days and Eve thinks she is a much better swimmer than she really is!!




We also did a bit of frolicking on the beach.  Ol collected shells (in head to toe Mini Mayhem).



But it hasn't all been geek conventions and trips away.  There has been a lot of around the house time.  Both of the kids have been loving colouring in books and drawing lately.  It is often one of the first things they ask for in the morning and Eve sounds especially sweet as she makes "colouring" sound like "darling".  "Darling mummy?".





We also had the Halloween festival here the other week.  As you might remember, it is a pretty big deal around here.  We had a few of Ol's friends come over here on the Saturday and then we all rocked down to the esplanade to enjoy all the dressed up freakiness, ferris wheel rides and outdoor movies.


Ol had been asking for ages to be a ghost so I was pretty chuffed to be able to whip up a costume for him in the grand total of 15 minutes!  He and I decided that Eve would like to be a "barrawina" and we were spot on.  She thought she looked like the bees knees.  Definitely the cutest ballerina I have ever seen.



So that is the abbreviated version of what has been going on around here.  I'm so sorry it has taken so long.  I'll aim to tell you more about what we've been doing soon.  I definitely won't leave it so long.

And I've worked out that I didn't ever show you photos of Eve's birthday party.  What was I thinking??  I might try to pop some of those up super soon too.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Food, friends and footy.

This week Ollie and I had a special visitor all the way from Cloncurry - our friend Jesse. Jesse came to play at Camp Ollie for a few hours while his mum had some very well deserved shopping time. Ollie and Jesse played lots of fun games like cups and Jesse was very helpful to me during the afternoon. Another exciting event this week was Nick and my third wedding anniversary. To celebrate we went to the lovely E'cco restaurant on Saturday night, thanks to Aunty Em who stayed over at our place to look after Ollie. Thankfully Ollie was on his best behaviour, as opposed to some of the other nights recently that have seen me popping into his room a number of times in the early hours of the morning. Ollie got to see his Aunty Em again the next day when we went over to the McNaughton/Dower home to celebrate Aunty Hayley's birthday and to catch up with Uncle Luke. Hayley cooked the wonderful family birthday tradition of Flat Meat (hard to describe but kind of like a thinner sc

Movieworld!

I told you last week that we had been busy having lots of fun around here and another of our fun activities (this time while Nanna Freddy was here) was a trip to Movieworld. But as I'm currently heat pressing fifty odd t-shirts for this weekend's big market, I am only able to make it to the computer in 40 second stints.  It isn't that I'm worried about scorching the shirts, but the heat press has this dreadful tinky asian sounding song as the alarm on the timer and it really grates on my soul!  And as I'm sure you can agree that there isn't a whole lot I can write in the time it takes me to run between the computer and the press (this paragraph has taken me five t-shirts!), this blog is going to be mainly pictures. Ol loved the characters. But not as much as the rides.  He went on about 16.  Seriously. He wasn't a fan of the car driving ones as he just couldn't make them work properly.  His dodgem effort was basically just driving aro

Eve is 11: the birthday blog

  To my beautiful eleven year old daughter. Another year has flown by and you are another year older in the blink of an eye. Let me share some of the things I will always remember about you at this age. - You got a phone. Probably one of the biggest changes this year. Like all young people, you see it as an extension of your hand and you need to be reminded to get off it quite a lot. - You fronted up for another season of netball, despite your protestations. It is so lovely to see you out on the court supporting your team mates. - You are seriously addicted to Roblox. Like seriously! You could happily spend hours playing with your friends on there, or even side by side if you’re hanging out together. - You humour is wicked and sometimes savage. Your timing is ridiculously on point sometimes. - You’re not to old or too cool to play with your dolls. Sometimes they still get dusted off and dressed up. There have even been a few haircuts for some of them. - You love listening to audio stor