Skip to main content

Happy Birthday Eve - the four birthday blog



Our baby is four.  How can this be?

On the plus side though, she is no longer a threenager.  This past twelve months have been more than a little challenging.  I had fooled myself that epic battles of wills over hairstyles, skirt choices and high heels would not trouble me for a good decade.  How wrong I was.

But amongst the crazy fashion feuds of the past year there have been oh so many wonderful times with this sweet, funny little girl.  Here are just some of the things we have enjoyed/endured with her as a three year old.

- she is scared of storms, bees and the bell that the home ice cream man rings (no seriously, she is terrified of the home ice cream man. Absolutely petrified!)
- when she holds my hand she lovingly strokes her thumb inside my palm. It's just the loveliest.
- she shrugs her little shoulders, tilts her head to one side and squishes her sweet little face into a closed eye smile that melts my heart.
- she has wacky ways of pronouncing some words.  She says "tivee" when she means TV and esketti for spaghetti.
- at every meal she asks "how many more bites do I need to have". She literally will have one mouthful before she asks this.
- she loves to read books like the teacher, holding the book up so we can see the pictures.  She gives some pretty hilarious versions of stories to us.
- she talks about going to a wedding EVERY day.  We have had many arguments over sleepwear choices - e.g.  why do you want to wear that skirt? Because I have to go to the wedding in the morning.
- she LOVES lego.  Especially loves playing with Lucy the blonde minifig.
- she is more obsessed with her clothes than anyone I have ever met.  She flat out will not wear shorts.  Or pants.  She will chuck epic tantrums that rock the entire neighbourhood if you try to get her to wear them.
- she hates having her hair brushed. I'm pretty convinced that she would happily have a head of dreadlocks if it meant no hair brushing.
- Her favourite foods are strawberries.  And sugar. Her words, not mine.
- she loves to have baths in the daytime and refuses to get out, even when all the water has gone down the plug hole. I think she might be half mermaid.
- The little weirdo eats play dough. Every single time.  She likes to hide it everywhere too.
- She is always making strange potions using cups and water and hand soap and whatever else she comes across.
- she stuffs strange things everywhere.  I recently found a kinder surprise egg filled with water with a marble inside it in my handbag.  Luckily those things are really waterproof!
- she will throw herself on the ground and refuse to move if she doesn't get her way.  I can't count the amount of places I have carried her kicking and screaming out of. On the plus side, it is a really good bicep workout.
- she looks as sweet as pie but has a crazy edge.  She will happily float around in a fluffy skirt saying "i'm a ninja and I'm going to kill you".
- first thing each morning she can be found standing on a chair (that she has dragged in) in front of her wardrobe yanking clothes off hangers to get dressed for the day.
- she loves to snuggle with me. At night in her bed. In the morning in her bed. Anytime in my bed. On the couch.  Anywhere.  She is very snuggly. She is the loveliest little spoon.
- she just loves to smell our breath. Even first thing in the morning skanky breath. She loves to get really close and inhale it. Weirdo.
- she has the most gorgeous freckle face.  I am always being told that they look like they have been painted on because they are just so perfectly delicious.

She is turning out to be a really cool little person.  She is kind and gentle and usually happy to share anything with anyone.  Except Ollie.  Her love of rainbows and bubbles and horses and dolls is perfectly balanced with her exceptional ninja skills, love of lego and crazy determination.  I can't help  but feel proud of the girl she is turning into.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Food, friends and footy.

This week Ollie and I had a special visitor all the way from Cloncurry - our friend Jesse. Jesse came to play at Camp Ollie for a few hours while his mum had some very well deserved shopping time. Ollie and Jesse played lots of fun games like cups and Jesse was very helpful to me during the afternoon. Another exciting event this week was Nick and my third wedding anniversary. To celebrate we went to the lovely E'cco restaurant on Saturday night, thanks to Aunty Em who stayed over at our place to look after Ollie. Thankfully Ollie was on his best behaviour, as opposed to some of the other nights recently that have seen me popping into his room a number of times in the early hours of the morning. Ollie got to see his Aunty Em again the next day when we went over to the McNaughton/Dower home to celebrate Aunty Hayley's birthday and to catch up with Uncle Luke. Hayley cooked the wonderful family birthday tradition of Flat Meat (hard to describe but kind of like a thinner sc

Movieworld!

I told you last week that we had been busy having lots of fun around here and another of our fun activities (this time while Nanna Freddy was here) was a trip to Movieworld. But as I'm currently heat pressing fifty odd t-shirts for this weekend's big market, I am only able to make it to the computer in 40 second stints.  It isn't that I'm worried about scorching the shirts, but the heat press has this dreadful tinky asian sounding song as the alarm on the timer and it really grates on my soul!  And as I'm sure you can agree that there isn't a whole lot I can write in the time it takes me to run between the computer and the press (this paragraph has taken me five t-shirts!), this blog is going to be mainly pictures. Ol loved the characters. But not as much as the rides.  He went on about 16.  Seriously. He wasn't a fan of the car driving ones as he just couldn't make them work properly.  His dodgem effort was basically just driving aro

Eve is 11: the birthday blog

  To my beautiful eleven year old daughter. Another year has flown by and you are another year older in the blink of an eye. Let me share some of the things I will always remember about you at this age. - You got a phone. Probably one of the biggest changes this year. Like all young people, you see it as an extension of your hand and you need to be reminded to get off it quite a lot. - You fronted up for another season of netball, despite your protestations. It is so lovely to see you out on the court supporting your team mates. - You are seriously addicted to Roblox. Like seriously! You could happily spend hours playing with your friends on there, or even side by side if you’re hanging out together. - You humour is wicked and sometimes savage. Your timing is ridiculously on point sometimes. - You’re not to old or too cool to play with your dolls. Sometimes they still get dusted off and dressed up. There have even been a few haircuts for some of them. - You love listening to audio stor