Skip to main content

Lots of stuff









It has been a busy week for Olliebear.

On Thursday Ollie went for his 4 month check up. He now weighs 7.510 kg and is 66 cm long. He is still huge for his age and is staying along the same percentiles as his last check up which is exactly what you want. As part of the check up he had his 4 month needles (plural) which were awful. It wasn't as user friendly as having them done at the clinic as he was laying on a surgical bed rather than in my arms. The upshot is that he probably blamed the nurse more than he blamed me. I'm thinking I should send Nick along next time as it is such a horrible experience when he screams and then when you finally get him calmed down, they give him another one in the other leg. Luckily he calmed down reasonable quickly and he was back to giving me smiles by the time we left the surgery.

The only bad thing about our check up was Ollie's head. I was planning to ask the doctor about it as with his incredible sleeping habits (we are still on 12 hours a night plus day sleeps) his flat spot just seems to be getting flatter everyday. The doctor was equally concerned about it and noted in his health record that Ollie's head symmetry was "poor". He has given us a referral to see a paediatrician and we have an appointment in a week's time. I think it is looking like Olliebear might be doing a stint in a little helmet to improve the appearance of his head. It sounds a bit drastic but I want him to be able to shave his head (or worse, go bald) when he is older without resenting me for his ability to carry pints of beer on his flat spot. But more on that topic once we get a bit more information.

That same night we went over to Nick's mum's place to catch up with Ollie's aunty Hayley and Uncle Simon who have spent the last three months travelling through South America. They were shocked by how much Ollie had grown since they saw him (when he was a floppy little baby)and impressed by his lovely smiles. They cooked us a massive feast inspired by their travels including three different types of meat - a definite winner in my carnivore book.

The next day we had a visit from Nanna Freddy and Poppy Mick who were in town for the weekend. I took the opportunity to dress Ollie up in the cowsuit that mum bought him last time we saw her. As you can see he looks absolutely gorgeous in it and it was lovely and warm for a cool autumn morning.

Freddy bought Ollie a beautiful quilt for playing on that she had lovingly made as well as a present from our friends Sam and Sue and their three lovely boys (see earlier post about our trip to Cloncurry). The present was a cute pair of brown leather workboots for Ollie. We put them on him which was weird as I have never put shoes on him before. You can see from the pic that he was totally intrigued by them. They should be a perfect fit for later in the year when we head back up to Cloncurry again and perhaps Ollie can wear them to go and dip some cattle or load some decks!

In huge news, last night was the first time we left Ollie bollie and went out for the night. The occasion was our friend's Rachel and Christian's engagement party and Sam and Alan kindly looked after Ollie, even though it was Sam's birthday weekend. It totally eased my mind knowing that he was in good hands but I was still a little anxious. Luckily Nick agreed to be the designated driver for the night so I could have a few (thousand) glasses of bubbles to take my mind off him.

Ollie gave Sam a bit of grief in going to sleep but her skills honed on their gorgeous girl Audrey came in handy and she rocked him to sleep where he stayed soundly until we picked him up near midnight. I was probably a little worse for wear at that point but it felt great to be out catching up with people. I've included a pic of me with Rachel and Cyndee. We are all very much looking forward to going to Bali next year for the wedding.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Food, friends and footy.

This week Ollie and I had a special visitor all the way from Cloncurry - our friend Jesse. Jesse came to play at Camp Ollie for a few hours while his mum had some very well deserved shopping time. Ollie and Jesse played lots of fun games like cups and Jesse was very helpful to me during the afternoon. Another exciting event this week was Nick and my third wedding anniversary. To celebrate we went to the lovely E'cco restaurant on Saturday night, thanks to Aunty Em who stayed over at our place to look after Ollie. Thankfully Ollie was on his best behaviour, as opposed to some of the other nights recently that have seen me popping into his room a number of times in the early hours of the morning. Ollie got to see his Aunty Em again the next day when we went over to the McNaughton/Dower home to celebrate Aunty Hayley's birthday and to catch up with Uncle Luke. Hayley cooked the wonderful family birthday tradition of Flat Meat (hard to describe but kind of like a thinner sc

Movieworld!

I told you last week that we had been busy having lots of fun around here and another of our fun activities (this time while Nanna Freddy was here) was a trip to Movieworld. But as I'm currently heat pressing fifty odd t-shirts for this weekend's big market, I am only able to make it to the computer in 40 second stints.  It isn't that I'm worried about scorching the shirts, but the heat press has this dreadful tinky asian sounding song as the alarm on the timer and it really grates on my soul!  And as I'm sure you can agree that there isn't a whole lot I can write in the time it takes me to run between the computer and the press (this paragraph has taken me five t-shirts!), this blog is going to be mainly pictures. Ol loved the characters. But not as much as the rides.  He went on about 16.  Seriously. He wasn't a fan of the car driving ones as he just couldn't make them work properly.  His dodgem effort was basically just driving aro

Eve is 11: the birthday blog

  To my beautiful eleven year old daughter. Another year has flown by and you are another year older in the blink of an eye. Let me share some of the things I will always remember about you at this age. - You got a phone. Probably one of the biggest changes this year. Like all young people, you see it as an extension of your hand and you need to be reminded to get off it quite a lot. - You fronted up for another season of netball, despite your protestations. It is so lovely to see you out on the court supporting your team mates. - You are seriously addicted to Roblox. Like seriously! You could happily spend hours playing with your friends on there, or even side by side if you’re hanging out together. - You humour is wicked and sometimes savage. Your timing is ridiculously on point sometimes. - You’re not to old or too cool to play with your dolls. Sometimes they still get dusted off and dressed up. There have even been a few haircuts for some of them. - You love listening to audio stor