Skip to main content

Wonky again




I haven't mentioned Ollie's wonky head for a while but those who have seen us in recent times will probably know that there has been a LOT of too-ing and fro-ing about what to do about it. We have seen recent improvements through using a big foam wedge in his cot. But the downside is that Ollie wiggles himself to the edge of the wedge so that he is right against the bars of the cot. When he wakes up in the mornings (or sometimes the middle of the night) you can hear him running his hand along the bars - we think he sounds like a little prisoner rattling his tin cup.

Anyway, we had decided that we weren't taking the helmet option but I had a little freak out recently when the child health nurses told me we should be doing it so last week we went to the place that makes them and got his little noggin cast. They wrapped his head in gauze bandages to get the shape of it and he had to sit still for a few minutes. He was very brave, especially since he (and I) had no idea we would be doing that at the appointment - I thought it was just a consultation.

I had changed my mind a million times about whether we should be doing this or not before the appointment and even now I'm not sure if it is the right thing, but it is done now and we can hardly be criticised for doing too much to make his head better. We get his cute little helmet within the fortnight so stay tuned for pics of our little stunt man.
Ollie has been hooking through the food lately. In the last week or so we have tried pumpkin, pear, baby porridge, baby yoghurt, zuchini and mashed banana. Tonight I cooked up a batch of sweet potato and potato so we can mix it up a bit in the next week. So far he hasn't turned his nose up at anything - he is quite the little hoover.
His latest trick came out this morning and it is one I've been waiting for - blowing raspberries!!! It needs to be refined a little as at the moment it involves a lot of spit going everywhere. But he is very proud of himself and Nick and I think it is absolutely hilarious.
Check out the pic of his funky little shoes. One of my friends Kylie gave us these baby Converse before Ollie was born and this is the first time he has worn them. Nick put them on him before we went up to Paddington yesterday to check out some shops and have a coffee. He looked very schmick.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Food, friends and footy.

This week Ollie and I had a special visitor all the way from Cloncurry - our friend Jesse. Jesse came to play at Camp Ollie for a few hours while his mum had some very well deserved shopping time. Ollie and Jesse played lots of fun games like cups and Jesse was very helpful to me during the afternoon. Another exciting event this week was Nick and my third wedding anniversary. To celebrate we went to the lovely E'cco restaurant on Saturday night, thanks to Aunty Em who stayed over at our place to look after Ollie. Thankfully Ollie was on his best behaviour, as opposed to some of the other nights recently that have seen me popping into his room a number of times in the early hours of the morning. Ollie got to see his Aunty Em again the next day when we went over to the McNaughton/Dower home to celebrate Aunty Hayley's birthday and to catch up with Uncle Luke. Hayley cooked the wonderful family birthday tradition of Flat Meat (hard to describe but kind of like a thinner sc

Movieworld!

I told you last week that we had been busy having lots of fun around here and another of our fun activities (this time while Nanna Freddy was here) was a trip to Movieworld. But as I'm currently heat pressing fifty odd t-shirts for this weekend's big market, I am only able to make it to the computer in 40 second stints.  It isn't that I'm worried about scorching the shirts, but the heat press has this dreadful tinky asian sounding song as the alarm on the timer and it really grates on my soul!  And as I'm sure you can agree that there isn't a whole lot I can write in the time it takes me to run between the computer and the press (this paragraph has taken me five t-shirts!), this blog is going to be mainly pictures. Ol loved the characters. But not as much as the rides.  He went on about 16.  Seriously. He wasn't a fan of the car driving ones as he just couldn't make them work properly.  His dodgem effort was basically just driving aro

Eve is 11: the birthday blog

  To my beautiful eleven year old daughter. Another year has flown by and you are another year older in the blink of an eye. Let me share some of the things I will always remember about you at this age. - You got a phone. Probably one of the biggest changes this year. Like all young people, you see it as an extension of your hand and you need to be reminded to get off it quite a lot. - You fronted up for another season of netball, despite your protestations. It is so lovely to see you out on the court supporting your team mates. - You are seriously addicted to Roblox. Like seriously! You could happily spend hours playing with your friends on there, or even side by side if you’re hanging out together. - You humour is wicked and sometimes savage. Your timing is ridiculously on point sometimes. - You’re not to old or too cool to play with your dolls. Sometimes they still get dusted off and dressed up. There have even been a few haircuts for some of them. - You love listening to audio stor