Skip to main content

Brrrrr!!

It has been absolutely freezing here this week, well by usual standards at least. Our house is definitely a lot warmer than the old house which, being a post-war house, had gaping holes between the floorboards to let the freezing air in. Nick has found it so cold in fact that he needed to pick up some gloves and a beanie to see him through his mornings catching the train into work. Of course Ollie thought that they looked better on him, perhaps they did, but only because he was also wearing his super gorgeous little ugg boots as well.

I have also managed to get through my first full week as a stay at home mummy. It hasn't been too tough let me tell you. It is actually only one extra day with Ollie at the moment as he is still in daycare for two days a week and will stay there until the baby is at least three months. So I find myself with a nice little mid-week weekend to myself each week. It is pretty surreal given how little time I have had to myself in the past two and a half years. I didn't quite know what to do (especially as the cleaner had been the day before and the house was lovely and tidy) but I managed to find enough to keep myself occupied. Lots of washing got done (and even folded and put away - ironing is for mugs. Not my style) and I totally redid the linen cupboard. I think I might try to do a few more decadent things over the coming weeks like go to a movie, go into work for coffee and just laze around and read books and have some time to myself before life gets really crazy around here.

In the latest on Ollie's love affair at daycare, when I went to pick him up last week he was sitting next to Madi and put his arm around her, turned to me and said "mummy, this is my girlfriend Madi". It was hilarious, and also a bit weird. I didn't think I'd have to worry about the ladies for at least a good decade.

But we did manage another outing with his girlfriend and her mum to a dancing class. Before any of the old style men out there cast judgement, it was more of a creative movement class than ballet or the like. In fact, there were more boys there than girls. Ollie was super excited when we got there and running around making dinosaur noises, but of course as soon as the music started he got all shy. He did come out of his shell a bit more and thoroughly loved doing the 'chicken dance' and generally just tearing around with the other kids. Until he slipped over and bonked his head on the floor (he is just so accident prone at the moment) but it was nothing a cino and a bikkie couldn't fix.

The only bad part to the week was a minor bout of gastro that Ollie picked up from daycare. It was kind of nice though that he is now able to articulate what he is feeling so I wasn't taken completely by surprise after he started telling me "mummy, there is something wrong in my tummy". He also learnt a new word - vomit! Although this word continued to feature even after the bug had passed. Example, Ollie doesn't like what he is eating for dinner - "mummy I need to vomit". Cheeky monkey.

With only six weeks to go until we meet our newest family member, I am starting to resemble some kind of ocean mammal. I'm not hassling myself about this, it is par for the course when growing a new human being. But when I had a request to put a pic of me on the blog so you can see just how giant my stomach is, well I could only really concede to a front on pic. You get the idea - there is definitely a baby in there. In fact, I am beginning to suspect that she is already busting out the high heels, such is the pain that she causes me with her brutal kicking and punching.

In the pics we took at the park you can see Ollie wearing one of his new t-shirts that I made him on the weekend. He now has dinosaurs, diggers, a fire truck and more. But stay tuned for more details on that topic in the coming weeks.

Here is B doing a classic funny face. Even like this he looks totally gorgeous.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Food, friends and footy.

This week Ollie and I had a special visitor all the way from Cloncurry - our friend Jesse. Jesse came to play at Camp Ollie for a few hours while his mum had some very well deserved shopping time. Ollie and Jesse played lots of fun games like cups and Jesse was very helpful to me during the afternoon. Another exciting event this week was Nick and my third wedding anniversary. To celebrate we went to the lovely E'cco restaurant on Saturday night, thanks to Aunty Em who stayed over at our place to look after Ollie. Thankfully Ollie was on his best behaviour, as opposed to some of the other nights recently that have seen me popping into his room a number of times in the early hours of the morning. Ollie got to see his Aunty Em again the next day when we went over to the McNaughton/Dower home to celebrate Aunty Hayley's birthday and to catch up with Uncle Luke. Hayley cooked the wonderful family birthday tradition of Flat Meat (hard to describe but kind of like a thinner sc

Movieworld!

I told you last week that we had been busy having lots of fun around here and another of our fun activities (this time while Nanna Freddy was here) was a trip to Movieworld. But as I'm currently heat pressing fifty odd t-shirts for this weekend's big market, I am only able to make it to the computer in 40 second stints.  It isn't that I'm worried about scorching the shirts, but the heat press has this dreadful tinky asian sounding song as the alarm on the timer and it really grates on my soul!  And as I'm sure you can agree that there isn't a whole lot I can write in the time it takes me to run between the computer and the press (this paragraph has taken me five t-shirts!), this blog is going to be mainly pictures. Ol loved the characters. But not as much as the rides.  He went on about 16.  Seriously. He wasn't a fan of the car driving ones as he just couldn't make them work properly.  His dodgem effort was basically just driving aro

Eve is 11: the birthday blog

  To my beautiful eleven year old daughter. Another year has flown by and you are another year older in the blink of an eye. Let me share some of the things I will always remember about you at this age. - You got a phone. Probably one of the biggest changes this year. Like all young people, you see it as an extension of your hand and you need to be reminded to get off it quite a lot. - You fronted up for another season of netball, despite your protestations. It is so lovely to see you out on the court supporting your team mates. - You are seriously addicted to Roblox. Like seriously! You could happily spend hours playing with your friends on there, or even side by side if you’re hanging out together. - You humour is wicked and sometimes savage. Your timing is ridiculously on point sometimes. - You’re not to old or too cool to play with your dolls. Sometimes they still get dusted off and dressed up. There have even been a few haircuts for some of them. - You love listening to audio stor