Skip to main content
I am loving the small town feel of the area we live in. I've always loved that sense of community you get in a country town, and the more I explore this area the happier I am that it has that vibe. This was particularly evident last week when the local footy team made it to the grand final. All of the businesses had signs up wishing them well, but the best show of support came from the local baker who made the coolest bread I have ever seen - with green and red swirls!! Unsurprisingly Ollie thought this was pretty awesome too and happily devoured all that was placed before him.

Speaking of football, the mighty Geelong Cats played in the preliminary final last week against some other team whose name is not worth mentioning. So we busted out the Geelong onesie that Pa Chris gave to Ollie when he was a baby. Thankfully the Cats rose to the occasion and it looks like the onesie will be getting busted out again this coming weekend.

Evie was clearly not impressed at being dressed like a little boy as you can see, so we made up for it by changing her into something especially girly...

Obear is a very loving boy this week (well most of the time). He has started saying unsolicited "I love you's" to Nick, Evie and I which is just a bit lovely. Even more so as these are often accompanied with lovely little kisses.

I say 'most of the time' because I have been on the receiving end of some not so lovely behaviour this week. Since Evie came along, Ollie has been spending a bit less time with me and a lot more time with Nick. I am so lucky that Nick is such a superstar and has been such a big help. The downside to this is that it sometimes feels like we have one child each. And this seems to be rubbing off a little bit on O. I've had a few occasions lately where he has been upset with me that Nick has to go to work, telling me that he is his favourite. I can live with that. On the other hand I wasn't the biggest fan of him hitting out at me yesterday telling me that he didn't love me and that he only loved daddy. Sob. But I can't take it personally. Thankfully he threw a few unsolicited "I love you's" my way during the day so I was able to move forward.


And physical transformation of the week? Ollie got a haircut!! His hair was getting seriously shaggy and as much as we want him to be able to have a bit of long hair, this was too messy even for us. So I took him to the local barber and he got to climb up onto the big boy seat and wear a cape and paper around his neck. The barber was hilarious, asking Ollie if he had been watching the footy on the weekend and other standard chit chat topics. Ollie struggled with not looking to the front the whole and would turn his head to answer each question. The barber had to explain that it wasn't rude not to look at him because he was cutting his hair. The end result? A very short haircut. I had explained that we didn't want a short back and sides - I can't imagine how short it would have been if I'd requested that!! But he looks like a real big boy now. And it is a lot easier than brushing out the scraggly knots from his long hair.

And finally, this week is Poppy Mick's 60th birthday. Ollie got a kick out of calling him up and wishing him a happy day. Now Poppy knows the exciting news that Nanna Freddy is taking us all on a cruise next year to celebrate. Ollie has known this fact for quite some time and gets a bit excited each time we see the big cruise ships docked at Portside. Nick and I are pretty excited too - the boat has a kid's club!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Food, friends and footy.

This week Ollie and I had a special visitor all the way from Cloncurry - our friend Jesse. Jesse came to play at Camp Ollie for a few hours while his mum had some very well deserved shopping time. Ollie and Jesse played lots of fun games like cups and Jesse was very helpful to me during the afternoon. Another exciting event this week was Nick and my third wedding anniversary. To celebrate we went to the lovely E'cco restaurant on Saturday night, thanks to Aunty Em who stayed over at our place to look after Ollie. Thankfully Ollie was on his best behaviour, as opposed to some of the other nights recently that have seen me popping into his room a number of times in the early hours of the morning. Ollie got to see his Aunty Em again the next day when we went over to the McNaughton/Dower home to celebrate Aunty Hayley's birthday and to catch up with Uncle Luke. Hayley cooked the wonderful family birthday tradition of Flat Meat (hard to describe but kind of like a thinner sc

Movieworld!

I told you last week that we had been busy having lots of fun around here and another of our fun activities (this time while Nanna Freddy was here) was a trip to Movieworld. But as I'm currently heat pressing fifty odd t-shirts for this weekend's big market, I am only able to make it to the computer in 40 second stints.  It isn't that I'm worried about scorching the shirts, but the heat press has this dreadful tinky asian sounding song as the alarm on the timer and it really grates on my soul!  And as I'm sure you can agree that there isn't a whole lot I can write in the time it takes me to run between the computer and the press (this paragraph has taken me five t-shirts!), this blog is going to be mainly pictures. Ol loved the characters. But not as much as the rides.  He went on about 16.  Seriously. He wasn't a fan of the car driving ones as he just couldn't make them work properly.  His dodgem effort was basically just driving aro

Eve is 11: the birthday blog

  To my beautiful eleven year old daughter. Another year has flown by and you are another year older in the blink of an eye. Let me share some of the things I will always remember about you at this age. - You got a phone. Probably one of the biggest changes this year. Like all young people, you see it as an extension of your hand and you need to be reminded to get off it quite a lot. - You fronted up for another season of netball, despite your protestations. It is so lovely to see you out on the court supporting your team mates. - You are seriously addicted to Roblox. Like seriously! You could happily spend hours playing with your friends on there, or even side by side if you’re hanging out together. - You humour is wicked and sometimes savage. Your timing is ridiculously on point sometimes. - You’re not to old or too cool to play with your dolls. Sometimes they still get dusted off and dressed up. There have even been a few haircuts for some of them. - You love listening to audio stor