Skip to main content

Commerce


It has been a week of commerce around here.  I normally keep away from the shops for obvious reasons but I really wanted to pick up a magnetic toy to go on the fridge to keep Eve entertained instead of having her try to eat anything else near the fridge.   We found that toy but we also found another.   A hard plastic case to go on iphones etc to make them baby proof.  I couldn't resist it as we had a couple of old iphones kicking around so now we have a readymade Ollie/Eve distraction device when we go out and about (no signal enabled so it is innocuous).


But I will really need to make it such that they are only allowed to play with it if we are out somewhere though as Ol is very keen on it.  He gave me a glimpse into the future the other day when he walked in after a day at daycare, grabbed it and lay down on the couch on his tummy and started playing games.  I took it straight off him of course.


Here is Eve actually getting a play with it.  This is rare as her brother usually grabs it straight off her.


Here they are playing on the fridge magnet thingy.  It is a phonic game so quite good for Ol as well but it has this REALLY annoying song (don't all kiddy toys?) so I keep finding myself singing "O says oh, o says oh, every letter makes a sound, o says oh".  Argh!!


This week saw "International talk like a pirate day". One of my favourite unofficial holidays.  Thankfully it fell on a daycare day so Ol got to rock up in his pirate garb.  He was pretty chuffed to go to daycare in dress ups but by the time he made it to the playground he had already ripped the hat and patch off and was only left with a smeared eyeliner beard.  Arrrrrr, the woes of being the mother of a pirate.

We also had baby chickens at daycare this week which is super fun for the kids and probably super terrifying for the chickens.  The best bit?  The first chicken hatched just as we were collecting Ol's bag so Ol, Eve and I hung around for about twenty minutes just watching this teeny sticky chick like creature emerge from it's shell.  Very cool indeed.



This girl loves her handbags.  I'm not quite sure where she gets it from.


Look at these two little troublemakers.  I'm not sure who ended up the messiest after this dinner.  But they sure had fun.




Doesn't this boy suddenly look like not such a little boy?  He has really turned into a big boy of late, probably due to the huge volumes of food he eats.  Some days he is onto his third or fourth breakfast by the time I'm making my second cup of tea.  I get so tired of hearing "Mummy but I'm hungry".  He is a one boy swarm of locusts.

This desire to eat seems to be invading his dreams too.  This morning he told us that he had a dream that he was making snow angels while laying in chocolates and lollies.  Might also have something to do with us reading "Charlie and the chocolate factory" at the moment.  Perhaps.


Finally, it seems that everyone thinks I'm making up what a cranky baby sweet little Eve is.  Well let me tell you that it is not one word of a lie.  She is a cranky little taskmaster.  She basically cries at me and throws tantrums from the time she wakes up from her nap until her bedtime.  The mornings are also peppered with her antics.  I adore her crabby little pants but she just wears me down some days.  Anyway, here is proof of her grouchiness.  Captured in full flight the other day.  I think it is definitely one for the 21st album.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Food, friends and footy.

This week Ollie and I had a special visitor all the way from Cloncurry - our friend Jesse. Jesse came to play at Camp Ollie for a few hours while his mum had some very well deserved shopping time. Ollie and Jesse played lots of fun games like cups and Jesse was very helpful to me during the afternoon. Another exciting event this week was Nick and my third wedding anniversary. To celebrate we went to the lovely E'cco restaurant on Saturday night, thanks to Aunty Em who stayed over at our place to look after Ollie. Thankfully Ollie was on his best behaviour, as opposed to some of the other nights recently that have seen me popping into his room a number of times in the early hours of the morning. Ollie got to see his Aunty Em again the next day when we went over to the McNaughton/Dower home to celebrate Aunty Hayley's birthday and to catch up with Uncle Luke. Hayley cooked the wonderful family birthday tradition of Flat Meat (hard to describe but kind of like a thinner sc

Movieworld!

I told you last week that we had been busy having lots of fun around here and another of our fun activities (this time while Nanna Freddy was here) was a trip to Movieworld. But as I'm currently heat pressing fifty odd t-shirts for this weekend's big market, I am only able to make it to the computer in 40 second stints.  It isn't that I'm worried about scorching the shirts, but the heat press has this dreadful tinky asian sounding song as the alarm on the timer and it really grates on my soul!  And as I'm sure you can agree that there isn't a whole lot I can write in the time it takes me to run between the computer and the press (this paragraph has taken me five t-shirts!), this blog is going to be mainly pictures. Ol loved the characters. But not as much as the rides.  He went on about 16.  Seriously. He wasn't a fan of the car driving ones as he just couldn't make them work properly.  His dodgem effort was basically just driving aro

Eve is 11: the birthday blog

  To my beautiful eleven year old daughter. Another year has flown by and you are another year older in the blink of an eye. Let me share some of the things I will always remember about you at this age. - You got a phone. Probably one of the biggest changes this year. Like all young people, you see it as an extension of your hand and you need to be reminded to get off it quite a lot. - You fronted up for another season of netball, despite your protestations. It is so lovely to see you out on the court supporting your team mates. - You are seriously addicted to Roblox. Like seriously! You could happily spend hours playing with your friends on there, or even side by side if you’re hanging out together. - You humour is wicked and sometimes savage. Your timing is ridiculously on point sometimes. - You’re not to old or too cool to play with your dolls. Sometimes they still get dusted off and dressed up. There have even been a few haircuts for some of them. - You love listening to audio stor