Skip to main content

Every Dower dance now

The weeks just fly by around here at the moment.  I think having Nick around the house all the time is helping the weeks blur past, with no weekends to mark the end or the beginning.  But in between those blurry days there are some lovely little moments happening.


Ol went up a level at swimming.  This was no great surprise, I think I might have even foreshadowed it to you the other week.  But it was still super awesome when it did happen.  And especially as I was the one watching him swim that day.  I just couldn't believe that the tiny little baby I took to those swimming lessons four years ago has now become this boy who swims freestyle stroke.  How did that happen?  The next level sees him adding proper swimming breathing to his arms and his kicking.  It seems terribly tricky to do it all at once but he is getting the hang of it and I can see that in no time he will be swimming whole lengths of the pool.

While we are talking about what a big boy he is, we even went up to our local school the other day and put his name down for prep next year.  That is wonderful/terrifying/mind boggling all at once.  I can't imagine what it will be like to have him away from me five days a week.  Part of me thinks that is superb!  Especially as we have just given up the day sleep around here and the days are VERY long.  But suddenly he will be at school and I will only have him two days a week. Except for the school holidays.  Alright, I'm sure we will all be fine.


Last week saw us having Ol's first extra-curricular kindy activity - the pyjama disco.  We had been super excited as a family in the lead up to it, having extra Dower family dance offs to teach him some dodgy moves to bust out.  He was crazy excited when it came around and was literally squealing and jumping with glee when we turned up to see the flashing lights.

I got roped into face painting so Ol got to be my first victim.  I think he made a pretty gorgeous little tiger.


All the dance moves we had worked on with Ol were pretty much wasted as it turned out that the boys just wanted to run around chasing each other.  The girls were more keen on dancing except when Ol came along.  Then they just wanted to tickle him.  He didn't seem to mind though.


Someone who did want to dance was Miss Eve.  Once she saw those disco lights and heard the music she could not be dragged from the floor.  Her dance style was mainly just spinning around and it was amazing that she didn't fall over with dizziness.  She just kept on going.  We think this one might be a little rave bunny in the future.


Meet Woofy.  Nick bought Eve this $5 teddy dog and Eve has well and truly taken it under her wing.  He has to sleep in her cot along with her two woobies, and sometimes panda.  I think we will run out of room in her cot soon!


The ipad has become a constant source of friction between these two lately.  They both have apps that they like to play with and neither of them is willing to let the other one have a go.  It is starting to drive me bonkers.  Especially when you've got Eve shrieking out "ipad miiiiiiiiiiine!".  Give me strength.


But then other times she is just so darn cute that all the wakeful nights (and there are many lately) are forgotten.  Nick has taught her "sad face" lately which she has really taken on board.  She uses it to garner attention and it certainly does the trick.  This photo doesn't even do it justice, sometimes she really gets the puppy dog eyes going on.


And final bit of cuteness, here she is rocking her new winter coat that Nick bought her.  It is beyond gorgeous and when it is teamed with her trademark pigtails, she is pretty much irresistible.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Food, friends and footy.

This week Ollie and I had a special visitor all the way from Cloncurry - our friend Jesse. Jesse came to play at Camp Ollie for a few hours while his mum had some very well deserved shopping time. Ollie and Jesse played lots of fun games like cups and Jesse was very helpful to me during the afternoon. Another exciting event this week was Nick and my third wedding anniversary. To celebrate we went to the lovely E'cco restaurant on Saturday night, thanks to Aunty Em who stayed over at our place to look after Ollie. Thankfully Ollie was on his best behaviour, as opposed to some of the other nights recently that have seen me popping into his room a number of times in the early hours of the morning. Ollie got to see his Aunty Em again the next day when we went over to the McNaughton/Dower home to celebrate Aunty Hayley's birthday and to catch up with Uncle Luke. Hayley cooked the wonderful family birthday tradition of Flat Meat (hard to describe but kind of like a thinner sc

Movieworld!

I told you last week that we had been busy having lots of fun around here and another of our fun activities (this time while Nanna Freddy was here) was a trip to Movieworld. But as I'm currently heat pressing fifty odd t-shirts for this weekend's big market, I am only able to make it to the computer in 40 second stints.  It isn't that I'm worried about scorching the shirts, but the heat press has this dreadful tinky asian sounding song as the alarm on the timer and it really grates on my soul!  And as I'm sure you can agree that there isn't a whole lot I can write in the time it takes me to run between the computer and the press (this paragraph has taken me five t-shirts!), this blog is going to be mainly pictures. Ol loved the characters. But not as much as the rides.  He went on about 16.  Seriously. He wasn't a fan of the car driving ones as he just couldn't make them work properly.  His dodgem effort was basically just driving aro

Eve is 11: the birthday blog

  To my beautiful eleven year old daughter. Another year has flown by and you are another year older in the blink of an eye. Let me share some of the things I will always remember about you at this age. - You got a phone. Probably one of the biggest changes this year. Like all young people, you see it as an extension of your hand and you need to be reminded to get off it quite a lot. - You fronted up for another season of netball, despite your protestations. It is so lovely to see you out on the court supporting your team mates. - You are seriously addicted to Roblox. Like seriously! You could happily spend hours playing with your friends on there, or even side by side if you’re hanging out together. - You humour is wicked and sometimes savage. Your timing is ridiculously on point sometimes. - You’re not to old or too cool to play with your dolls. Sometimes they still get dusted off and dressed up. There have even been a few haircuts for some of them. - You love listening to audio stor