Skip to main content

Eve is 3! The birthday blog.


My little two year old went to bed last night (with a bit of the usual crying) and this morning my big three year old girl came into my bed for snuggles.  The transition to big girl was even more pronounced as yesterday we took her to get a big girl haircut!

So as with every birthday around here, I wanted to share with you some of the things that I love (and loathe) about this gorgeous little miss of ours.

- she says that everything is "booooooootiful".  It has become a new family word.
- she LOVES Peppa Pig a crazy amount.  She loves to sing the song and make the snorting pig sound.
- she needs to put on a dress up costume as soon as she wakes up in the morning. every. single. morning.
- she has to leave the table for mid dinner dance breaks
- she STILL sucks her thumb.  Put this one in the loathe category.
- she calls everyone she meets "my friends".  Especially if they have nice clothes on.  Think a frilly tutu skirt and a Peppa Pig t-shirt.  Best friend material right there.
- she rubs my back when I carry her while she is sleeping.
- she is such a girly girl who loves dollies and princesses but she is the first one to spot a digger!
- she is a bit gross and thinks it is hilarious to talk about pooping on people's heads.  It isn't.
- she gives me the loveliest snuggles when we share a bed.  We hold each other crazy tight with our heads next to each other and happily snooze away.
- she sits there with a piece of paper and a pen and asks "mum how do I spell….. cat".  Then she pretends to write down the answer I give her.
- she is super funny when she says "Honey, where's my paaaaaaaaaaaants?".
- she can spot a post box at 50 metres.
- she adores Frozen and is gradually learning all of the words to the songs.
- she is the most belligerent person I know.  Except me.  After a few drinks.
- she would snooze all day if you let her. When I have to wake her to pick up Ol from school she usually tells me she isn't "done sleeping yet".
- she calls Ollie "my boy" and often tells me "I miss my boy" when he is at school.
- she is VERY opinionated about what she wears.  She will cry hysterically if you ask her to wear pants or jeans.  Then she will take you by the hand to her wardrobe and usually choose a flower girl dress or similar to wear on the school run.

She is my little mini me.  I look at her and see more of me than I imagined I ever would.   Sometimes it just freaks me out.  I kept her at home today as I wanted her all to myself.  I spent most of the day just staring at her perfect little face.  She must have thought I was a bit of a weirdo.  But three is that big line in the sand where she really is a little girl now.  She is growing up too quickly. I just wanted to hold the memory of her just as she was today in my mind forever.  My perfect, sweet, super cuddly, belligerent, thumb sucking, flower girl dress wearing princess.  I love you Evie. xx



Enjoy the usual photo collage with one of her from every month that she was two.  In case you wanted to check out her new grown up haircut, here are a few pics of her this morning.  As you can see she went pretty understated with the accessories!!



And one with her big boy Ollie.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Food, friends and footy.

This week Ollie and I had a special visitor all the way from Cloncurry - our friend Jesse. Jesse came to play at Camp Ollie for a few hours while his mum had some very well deserved shopping time. Ollie and Jesse played lots of fun games like cups and Jesse was very helpful to me during the afternoon. Another exciting event this week was Nick and my third wedding anniversary. To celebrate we went to the lovely E'cco restaurant on Saturday night, thanks to Aunty Em who stayed over at our place to look after Ollie. Thankfully Ollie was on his best behaviour, as opposed to some of the other nights recently that have seen me popping into his room a number of times in the early hours of the morning. Ollie got to see his Aunty Em again the next day when we went over to the McNaughton/Dower home to celebrate Aunty Hayley's birthday and to catch up with Uncle Luke. Hayley cooked the wonderful family birthday tradition of Flat Meat (hard to describe but kind of like a thinner sc

Movieworld!

I told you last week that we had been busy having lots of fun around here and another of our fun activities (this time while Nanna Freddy was here) was a trip to Movieworld. But as I'm currently heat pressing fifty odd t-shirts for this weekend's big market, I am only able to make it to the computer in 40 second stints.  It isn't that I'm worried about scorching the shirts, but the heat press has this dreadful tinky asian sounding song as the alarm on the timer and it really grates on my soul!  And as I'm sure you can agree that there isn't a whole lot I can write in the time it takes me to run between the computer and the press (this paragraph has taken me five t-shirts!), this blog is going to be mainly pictures. Ol loved the characters. But not as much as the rides.  He went on about 16.  Seriously. He wasn't a fan of the car driving ones as he just couldn't make them work properly.  His dodgem effort was basically just driving aro

Eve is 11: the birthday blog

  To my beautiful eleven year old daughter. Another year has flown by and you are another year older in the blink of an eye. Let me share some of the things I will always remember about you at this age. - You got a phone. Probably one of the biggest changes this year. Like all young people, you see it as an extension of your hand and you need to be reminded to get off it quite a lot. - You fronted up for another season of netball, despite your protestations. It is so lovely to see you out on the court supporting your team mates. - You are seriously addicted to Roblox. Like seriously! You could happily spend hours playing with your friends on there, or even side by side if you’re hanging out together. - You humour is wicked and sometimes savage. Your timing is ridiculously on point sometimes. - You’re not to old or too cool to play with your dolls. Sometimes they still get dusted off and dressed up. There have even been a few haircuts for some of them. - You love listening to audio stor